History of La Veneta
The company was founded in 1958 with the original name of S.A.L.P (Società Arzignanese Lavorazione Pelli). At the beginning the location was in a little plant in Arzignano’s suburb that actually is the city center.
The first kind of raw materials manufactured was baby calf for shoes. The company showed from its initial constitution his gift in manufacturing high quality skins. Some new equipments were bought in order to be able to work with baby calf and even today the company is still on the lead of the modern technology. In august 1961 S.A.L.P. changed its name in Conceria La Veneta. In 1985 the company moved in the current plant at Via del Lavoro, 34 Arzignano, Vicenza. From that date onwards the company focused his mission in manufacturing the more precious calf in the world. In 1987 the company acquired the brand Sacpa that was a very famous high quality tannery from Turbigo.
Even today Conceria La Veneta produces calf skins for the producion of very high quality shoes and bags.